Taboo 2 Bar & Bistro
6075 Roswell Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
If you’re looking for something to do on a Friday or Saturday, then this is one of the places you want to be! Happy Hour takes place on Friday evenings starting at 6pm (or earlier) in which they have an open buffet with all types of seafood. The music and crowd are typically good if you are interested in R&B as well as Old School Hip Hop. You will find the Grown & Sexy for sure! Women riding solo receive complimentary parking on both days. I’m not too sure how much the entry is after 9pm so be sure to check the website out for more information.
Saturdays, Taboo 2 Bar & Bistro hosts the Atlanta Comedy Shows with various comedians from all over. Get there early if you want a good seat and keep in mind, entry is free with the minimum purchase of two items from the menu. Show starts at 8:30pm and if you attempt to walk in free, you will gladly be mistaking. Entry after 8:30pm is $10 and after around 9pm or 10pm, the charge goes up to $20.
The food menu prices are very reasonable and so are the drinks. If you go on Friday, I would recommend you heading to the rear bar to order your drinks with the bartender “Chocolate,” as she tends to be a crowd favorite, as well as mine. Here are a few things I would recommend:
- Seating is available but I would get there early to guarantee somewhere to sit. It does get jam packed quickly.
- If you are accompanied by a male, you will need to self-park as the valet parking is for women.
- Network. You never know who you may meet there as the place is usually full of business men and women along with entrepreneurs.
- Tip the bartenders and they will be nice to you every time you visit. I’m not saying that either of them is not treating every customer friendly, but we all know shelling out a few extra bucks will take you a long way.
- Do not be afraid to dance. Everyone loves dancing there and you will witness a few group gatherings when songs like the “Cha Cha Slide” and “Step In The Name of Love” comes on.
- Got a birthday or reason to celebrate coming up? This is a good venue to reserve your tables as they have VIP all over.