When I use to online date, I would limit my photos to strictly ‘shoulder and up’ poses. Now this might sound ridiculous but I didn’t want to be viewed as a piece of meat. I never cared for all of that attention like your IG models who were constantly popping up on the timeline wearing provocative clothing.
Nothing against you beauties: I just didn’t want them to focus more on the physical than anything else. Now that I look at all of the photos I posted, I realize that my dating profile favored more of a hairstyle catalog than anything else.
So here’s a little advice if you want to rock a stunning profile when online dating!
- Post vibrant photos of yourself being active! Nothing attracts a man more than someone who seems to be bubbly and full of life.
- Include 1-2 full body photos. Men are visual creatures so the more you play into this, the likely your chances are to snag a good guy.
- Grammar-check! Nothing could scratch a perfectly well written profile than one with a bunch of misspellings. Take your time with filling this part out and if you need to, ask a friend to double check it.
- Be yourself! We all are guilty of fluffing resumes from time to time when trying to land the perfect job. Leave that itch alone and describe who YOU really are and what you enjoy doing.
- Don’t fret! You are not for everyone and vice versa so do not expect a miracle and flood of responses the first go around. Give yourself time to get out and be seen. Before you know it, you’ll be responding left and right to men interested in knowing more about you!
Try my steps mentioned above and let me know how things turned out. Share your experiences here and inspire a sista who may be going through the same situations now.