When you were younger and had your outdoor privileges taken away from you, what was your backup source of entertainment? You played with your toys, read a book, or conversed with your imaginary friend (I know I wasn’t the only one). Point being, you came up with ways to still have fun when your main choice was stripped away. Well, that’s what we’re about to start doing now! Here are a list of ways to still remain active physically while on lock down:
- Take a walk around your neighborhood
- Go to the park and walk around…take photos while you’re out
- Check out Stone Mountain – I hear its a very beautiful hike
- Google and visit nearby waterfalls
- If you have a dog(s), visit the dog parks! You and your furbaby will get a kick out of it.
- Take a stroll down the Belt Line (if you’re in Atlanta)
- A lot of parks are still open…go check out Piedmont Park
- Fly a kite
As you can see, there are plenty of ways to still get out of the house while keeping a safe distance from the rest of the public. I knew that this period of time would be great for me to really focus more on exercising so yesterday I went and picked up a replacement gadget (I don’t know how I lost the first one)
I want to make sure every step counts! Reach out to some of your friends because I am sure a lot of them have one. This way, you can create friendly challenges amongst each other or within a group of you and still work out at the same time. What better way to stay motivated and in shape? I don’t know about you but I’m ready to get up and get out of the house right now. So I will be sure to post photos from my adventure in the next post but please, whatever you do, get up and get outside even if it is just for a few minutes. The sunlight and oxygen is really good for you and if you have allergies like myself, take whatever medicine prior to heading out (I like to also take a spoon full of natural honey).
Did you enjoy this post?